It is very frustrating when your HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi network. Whether you bought the new printer or using it for ages, encountering failed network connectivity can equally trouble everyone.
The reason for this situation might be your printer, network, software, or you. Yes, you, How? What if you are not doing the job the right way? What if you are not updating the required software or required settings so that your HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi.
Anyhow, do not feel guilty, here are three tried and tested troubleshooting steps to fix HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi issue. Try all these one after another until your problem gets fixed. In case you need quick help dial HP Printer Customer Service Number.
Let’s Start How to fix “HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi” issue instantly.
Step 1: Restart your printer and wi-fi router
for any unexplained problem with a digital or electronic device; the first resort is to restart it. Same is applicable to printers as well. When you face Hp printer setup issues or wi-fi issues; restart it. Do the following:
Turn off your printer and plug out the power cable.
- Open the printer cover and let it cool for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Reboot your PC/laptop.
- Restart your wireless router and modem as well.
- After a break; restarts everything and give enough time to let them settle to start work.
- Try to connect the hp printer to the wi-fi network again. Most probably HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi issue will be fixed now.
Need detailed instructions on “How To Connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi Network?”, dial Support Number for HP Printer i.e. +1 855-869-7373 and +44 800-041-8324 !!
Step2: Check Your Wireless Network connectivity
You also need to check once that nothing is going wrong with your wi-fi network settings. Specific options should be working, and some need to be disabled to let your network function properly. So read the following and perform these checks to resolve HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi error quickly.
- Check if your wi-fi network is running at good internet speed and is well-connected.
- Check your wi-fi router; if you have set any connectivity restrictions.
- Make sure if other devices are getting internet access and are connected to the wi-fi network.
- Check your printer has the functionality to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure the wi-fi connectivity option is turned ON on your computer/laptop.
- Make sure you are trying to connect your printer to the same wi-fi network, to which your computer is connected.
- Ensure the same printer is added into your computer and “Set as Default.”
- Check all wired and wireless connectivity options for the printer.
- For wireless connections; check if you are typing correct values(spellings) for username and password.
Step3: Update Printer Drivers
Do you remember when did you last update your printer software? Printer drivers could also be the culprit for this situation. Working with any obsolete or wrong driver won’t let your printer connect to wi-fi.
Moreover, the driver installed from corrupted CD will also not work for you. You should better get your printer driver downloaded from the Hp website. Do the following:
- Uninstall the currently installed printer drivers from your system.
- Go to the official website of the HP Printer and download the appropriate driver for your model number.
- Re-install the newly downloaded driver on your system.
- It is an excellent idea to downloading drivers from the website; as you will get the latest version of drivers.
Reboot your system and printer before you try to connect it again to a wi-fi network.
Some More Suggestions To Fix HP Printer Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Error
To take further precautions; you should also check on some other technical aspects. Below enlisted are some additional checks that could help you to connect your HP printer to a wi-fi network.
- For slow or interrupted internet connection, check with your ISP first.
- Check the modem settings for using the correct Default Gateway and dynamic IP address.
- Check with “Network Adapter troubleshooter.” This mostly works for people in such a situation.
- Make sure your network is working, and the name is showing up in the available network list.
- Check and set your Hp printer as “Default” in your system settings.
Do let us know which trick that worked for you or what was wrong with your printer. People mostly get their issue resolved by following all these steps.
In case you are facing other issues that frustrate you a lot and some problem that comes, again and again, such as:
- HP Printer Offline
- HP Printer Offline Windows 10
- An HP Printer Offline Mac
- HP Printer Won’t Print
- An HP Printer Says Offline
- HP Wireless Printer Setup
No need to worry, just dial support number for HP Printer available 24/7 to take calls and fix the issues in the shortest time span.
In case this post didn’t help you. You can contact us to get further technical help to fix your HP Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi issue. We are available round the clock at our toll-free HP Printer Support Phone Number: USA/Canada: +1 855-869-7373 & UK: +44 800-041-8324.